Saturday, September 24, 2011

Folsom Street Fair 2011: Friday

Ugh, 4:30 comes way too early.  I hate getting up before the sun to get to an airport.  The coffee I need to just move that far then keeps me from sleeping on the plane.  Oh well, I got the Preview part of the trip report written on the plane.  (On the new iPad I got yesterday, with the indispensable — for writing — Bluetooth keyboard.  Way less to tote that the netbook.  Note to self, though: I spent way too much time setting it up yesterday than I should have.  Don’t get new tech the day before a trip!)

Staying at the Opal Hotel (Van Ness and Geary).  I know how hard to get and expensive hotel rooms can be in San Francisco for Folsom weekend, and this is just over a mile from 9th & Folsom (so it’s walkable).  At $166 a night, I snapped it up when it came available a couple weeks ago, and prepaid for a discount (which essentially took care of the hotel tax).

Got to the hotel at 11 am, but couldn’t check in yet.  So I ditched my bags and headed to Mr. S.  Saw Mitch and Brian from Vancouver walking on the street, and Earl from Vancouver online, and at Mr. S, Paul from Seattle was there (Cole wouldn’t arrive until Friday night).  Turns out Paul was on my flight, and I saw him at the baggage claim, but he was too dazed from lack of sleep to know it was me at the airport.  Saw Kyle and Northwest Leatherboy 2011 Element later, putting up posters for Element’s new video.

$230 dollars later, I was able to escape Mr. S.  (One StreemMaster, because I’ve apparently lost my previous one, god knows where.  One leather cap, handmade at Mr. S, which I quite like and will end up wearing all over town for the rest of the weekend.  One neoprene red-stripe jock, which I’ll also get some good use out of this weekend, I’m sure!  And a new pair of red boot laces, because my current ones are getting dingy — due to both age and bootblack hands.)

After too-short of a nap, I met up with Michael from Recon, who I’ll be playing with next weekend when he is in Seattle.  Daddy David has been sending me fisting boys lately; I need to start paying him a commission!

Got an offer for play with Frank from New York at his hotel, so I headed over there for some cocksucking, nipple play, and fisting.  A nice warmup for later on.

Dinner was coffee and a slice of pumpkin bread.  That’s how it goes when you’ve got a fisting party to attend.  (Food all day: a bagel, a pear, a small OJ, a soy/almond smoothie, and several cups of coffee.)  Want as little solid stuff going through the system as possible.  I can eat tomorrow.  (I lie: I’ll probably do this all weekend long!)

Friday night was the Hell Hole/Fists Over Folsom party.  Probably 20 slings and a good size (but not too packed crowd).  Had a great time, some in the sling and some in front of it.  Chatted with one of the former Northern California LeatherSIR titleholders who was there about the fact that I was there in the title vest.  (He approved.)  Thanks to Murray from New Zealand, François from the Netherlands, and Nick, Norm, and one other guy whose name I’m blanking on (all from the States) for good times; Raj will just have to wait for later (maybe Sunday) at Tom’s party. 

No comments:

Post a Comment