Thursday, February 9, 2012

Fundraising Through Better Fisting #2

The second of my title-year Chez Poing fisting parties has now come and gone.  (I’m not going to go into all the background and logistics on the subject again.  The earlier post has all that.)
  • Invites went out to 92 guys.  Positive RSVPs came back for 34 (just under the 35-person cap), plus 9 “maybe/if I can” responses (of which I only expected a couple to show; that’s how those go).  25 guys showed, which is a little lower than I expected (I was aiming for 28, just above the largest party to date).  Out of town guests included Dariusz from Vancouver (who comes to almost every party) and Julio from Chicago.
  • This was the second anniversary of the Chez Poing parties, although only the 8th one because I had to cancel May 2010 when my grandmother broke her hip.
  • We had unseasonably warm weather for February, a run of 5 or 6 days that were sunny with highs in the low to mid 50s.
  • Guys were great about bringing snacks and beverages.  I don’t think I’ll need to buy any beverages or chips for the May party.  (Robert was especially generous.  I asked him to pick up salsa, cookies, soda, and ice; he brought salsa, hummus, chips, cookies, soda, beer, and ice.  Lesson: this is what happens when you send a horny guy to the store on an empty stomach!)
  • After expenses, another $168 from the Fist Kitty for my title travel fund.
  • Special thanks to Cliff for trimming the ivy on my stairs and other exterior work; Cliff, Robert, and Rick for setup; Cliff and Rick for Sunday teardown (and joining me for dim sum); and Cliff and Bill for the loan of additional slings.
Next party will probably be Saturday, May 12.

Future fisting adventures:
  • I plan to attend Fist Fest in Palm Springs in June.
  • I have submitted proposals to be a presenter at Northern Exposure in Anchorage this summer.  Included are ones for sessions on Anal Fisting, Play Party Etiquette, and Hosting Play Parties.
  • I’m looking into how to take the party on the road to Portland, probably with a couple afternoon workshops added on.
  • I have access to a cabin at Lake Cushman (2.5 hours from Seattle) and hope to do a weekend–long party out there later this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment